Thursday, April 7, 2011

Keeping Busy

It seems like the days are just flying by. I think I'm still keeping afloat, but it doesn't take much to start me drowning. I hope this is normal for adjusting to a second child. Beckham is doing much better at self soothing and sleeping at night. He's really only waking up once a night, twice a night every once in a while. When he gives me 5-6 hour stretches at a time I can get much more accomplished the next day. If not, we all end up back in jammies right after we get out of the shower. If we're not going anywhere, what's the point, right? Poor Ben.

A few days ago I made some more swim bags (waterproof bags that hold wet swimsuits). I gave all the ones we made away, but I'd like to get some more material and make Ava another one. I really enjoyed how the flip flop ones worked out.


It just looks so summer-y and fun! It's funny, because I get a lot of people that tell me they wanted to buy something like this. Maybe this will be my etsy shop idea?

Last night I went with some girls to see the new "Jane Eyre." I really liked it. It doesn't hold a candle to the BBC version of "Pride and Prejudice," but does anything, really? It's hard to compete with Colin Firth. I had forgotten how depressing the plot is, and I wish they had extended the ending a bit, but it was still really enjoyable. The best part was the company!! Ben stayed home with the kids, and I think he slightly regretted it. Ava has gotten fairly particular about how she likes her blanket, and Ben couldn't understand what she wanted. As soon as we got to the theater, I got a text asking what a "gigit" was. Supposedly Ava kept saying it and pointing to her feet and crying. At the time I couldn't figure out what he was talking about, but it rang a bell once I got home. Between that and Beckham wanting cuddles all night, I think Ben was reconsidering me ever being able to have a GNO again, but I had a blast. It was so therapeutic. Thanks, honey!

3 comments:

Gigi said...

those are cute!! we love Etsy! we sell girl dresses there! Tikita clothing. I love sewing!!

gravityguysgirl said...

Cooper and Cymbre want a bag!

Courtney said...

Yay! My first two customers! Haha....