Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What's your destiny

Ben and I were invited to attend the "Marriage and Family" Sunday School class in our ward a few weeks ago. It has been the most enjoyable class I've attended. Last Sunday we talked about our destinies. We had to write what we thought our spouses "destiny" is while here on Earth. This is what I came up with for Ben:

To be a leader and example for good, both in family and work. To bring others to the gospel thorough his laid back and accepting attitude. To magnify his Priesthood.

After we were done, I thought how it would be great to do this for each member of the family and frame it. How often do we think of what our destiny is? I guess this means I have a new project to do once we move into the new house.

What's your destiny?

6 comments:

Breanne said...

You're getting a new house??? So exciting!!! I hope all is going well for you. The pics from Ava's party looked cute. I might have to make a tutu for Jaina when her bday rolls around :)

Stefanie said...

Wait - what new house?? I'm behind on stuff. Miss and love you!

Elaine said...

My destiny is already unfolding with wonderful harmony. Chris and Ben have both married awesome and beautiful wives who are just perfect for them. Thanks for the wonderful pics of Ava, and don't lift anything too heavy when you move.

Josh said...

Every time, without fail, that I hear the word destiny, I always think about Back to the Future when George McFly says, "You are my density".

Josh said...

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8bRciuMLqQ

Cammie said...

I like that!
I recently made an affirmations script that I read with each of my boys each day, yes even the 1 year old has one. They highlight the areas that they are successful in and encourage proper behavior in the areas they struggle in. My favorites on each of their charts, "My mom and dad are proud of me," "My Heavenly Father and Jesus know me and they love me," "I know Heavenly Father's plan and I will be with my family for eternity because of His gifts to me," and "I have many talents, including...and as I practice and share my talents I will be able to gain more."
They are pretty basic but I see my attitude change towards them and their attitude change when we remember to read these.
It's a destiny thing too.