Monday, April 4, 2011

Our Crazy Weekend

... and by weekend I mean from Wednesday on. I won't go into detail about Wednesday, but that's really where the craziness began. Thursday, Beckham got Ava's cold, so now I had two unhealthy babies to take care of, and then Friday Ben got LASIK surgery, so I ended up with THREE unhealthy "kids" to take care of. Ben's suregery went pretty well, but his vision was really blurry for the first day, so he couldn't see to do anything. He was supposed to rest anyway, but when Ava is supposed to be napping and instead is jumping on her bed and Beckham is crying because he's starving, it's a little bit of an inconvenience to have to help Ben, too. (I love you, Ben! I was just overwhelmed!) After about 20 minutes things settled down, and we were all able to rest for a while.
Before...

After. What an improvement!! :)

When everyone got up from our naps, I took Ava downstairs and we made a fort. I wanted to watch Tangled, and this was the best way to get Ava to watch with me!

 I still had to bribe her to sit with me in the fort with a LOT of snacks, but it was worth it. That night we played "Where's Ava" again.....

The view as you come into the room from the door
Where the little stinker was sleeping...
The night before

As you can see, she isn't picky about where she sleeps. My biggest concern is that I'll walk in to check on her and I'll step on her by accident.

Saturday and Sunday brought General Conference, and it was really nice to be able to sit and listen to the speakers. I think it's just what I needed to refill my spiritual tank. We made another "Conference Fort," and had fun spending time together.

No comments: