Friday, March 25, 2011

Potty Training and Big Girl Beds

Gentlemen may prefer blondes, but blondes, it seems, prefer the floor. Twice tonight I've walked in Ava's room to check on her and have found this:



The first time she was sleeping on the floor at the foot of her "big girl" bed, I picked her up and moved her back in, like any loving mother would do. The floor is hard and cold, right? Well, it caused quite a commotion. Because I moved her, I started her coughing and it was hard for her to stop (she's had another cold), plus I woke a dragon. She was definitely not a happy camper, and just wanted me to leave her alone. So what did I do 20 minutes ago when I found this? I put a blanket over her and grabbed my camera. I've learned my lesson, thank you.

Here is a little blackmail video of Ava. (Revenge, possibly, for getting mad at me when I moved her from the floor to her bed??) It is of Ava pooping. She is very good at letting me know when it's happening, but never wants to go and sit on the potty. ("Button" is "Pooping.")


You can see how much concentration it takes to complete this task...Now to try and go back to sleep before kids start waking up....

2 comments:

Breanne said...

I love seeing her blanket in action :)

tothe4thfloor said...

HAHAHAH!! She is so dang CUTE!!! Those little eyes in full concentration! i so miss you!